Ghost 0.10.0 is now available on GitHub, npm and Ghost.org. It includes support for Google AMP (Accelerated Mobile Pages), as well as theme uploads within Ghost, and many fixes/improvements.
- [New] AMP (Accelerated Mobile Pages) - deliver optimised content for mobile users
- [New] Theme upload, download & delete - theme management is now part of Ghost
- [Improved] Ghost now uses a native system font stack in place of Google Fonts for a faster and more delightful experience.
- [Improved] Deleting a user now clearly highlights any post content that will be deleted
- [Improved] Default referrer policy has changed to
no-referrer-when-downgrade- works now in Safari
- [Improved] Cross Browser Support - The editor now works in IE Edge
- [Fixed] Date helper now generates correct published date based on blog timezone
- [Fixed] Internal tags are not shown in sitemap-tags.xml anymore
- [Fixed] Security Issue: Open redirect
- [Changed] Storage adapters now require save, delete, serve, exists methods (Breaking Change)
- And much more...
You can see the full change log for the details of every change included in this release.
This release contains two new features which require attention if you are a theme developer or use a custom storage adapter.
Storage Adapter Changes
If you have installed a custom storage adapter, you might not able to start your blog anymore, because with
0.10.0 we require a function set for custom storage adapters (save, exists, delete and serve). We've contacted all publishers to create a new version to support the changes.
Theme API Changes
AMP now works out of the box with a default template, which can also be overridden by themes. For full details of how to customise this feature, see the AMP theme documentation. Also watch this space for a custom AMP theme tutorial coming very soon!
Theme uploads are now handled inside of Ghost. If you upload a broken theme, we will tell you and provide a very detailed validation error output - this is done with the help of gscan. Theme developers can test out their themes by uploading them and viewing the report on https://gscan.ghost.org.
See the theme API docs for full details of what changed in Ghost 0.10.0. The theme documentation is frequently updated with more details and better examples. Please also use the suggest edits feature if you find something is missing or out of date.
How to Upgrade
All Ghost(Pro) users are being automatically updated and will be running Ghost 0.10.0 shortly. You're welcome :)
This release was lovingly crafted by Aileen Nowak, Austin Burdine, Kevin Ansfield, Hannah Wolfe, Katharina Irrgang, David Balderston, John O'Nolan, Jesse Dijkstra, Misha Wakerman and Tim Walling.