The first step towards turning your website into a membership business is allowing your visitors to sign up to your site in order to access members-only content.
Members in Ghost allows you to require visitors to become members and sign in to your site using simple and secure email-link based logins. No passwords required!
Asking your audience to become members and creating a community of like-minded people who are invested in your content comes with many benefits. It allows you to:
- Grow a loyal, engaged audience made up of people who are interested in what you have to say.
- Get real data about how your content is performing, because people who read your content are logged in, rather than anonymous visitors.
- Provide a host of additional member benefits to keep people coming back, or even ask them to support your work with a paid subscription.
Ghost provides you with a reliable way to build a membership list. A visitor simply needs to:
- Enter an email address into a subscription form
- Check their inbox and click the magic link to activate membership
This is a reliable way to invite anyone who visits your site to support your work by becoming a member. There's no passwords, the magic links expire after 10 minutes, and if it is not clicked, the member is not signed up.
It's also possible to import a list of subscribers from anywhere with imports and integrations.
This means you can import existing paying members from other platforms, or give your email subscribers a head start on exploring your brand new site.